This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. It is targeted for those requiring workplace first aid skills.
Course Entry Requirements:
There are no prerequisite for this course.
The full course requires 5 hours of face-to-face training with some pre course study.
The refresher course requires 3 hours of face-to-face training with some pre course study.
Onsite training will be held in Mebourne Metropolitan and rural Victoria.
The student handbook Can be found HERE
Pre Course Material:
Pre course material will be made available following registration into the course
During the face-to-face training period you will be required to demonstrate to your instructor that you understand and can use the information and skills learnt to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will include both a theory assessment and performing some practical scenario assessments.
This will require you to be physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes
There are no prerequisite, entry, work-placement, licensing or certification requirements for this course.
Course Outcome & Renewal:
On successful completion of this nationally recognised training you will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
As per enquiry
Skills at Course Completion:
- You will have practiced responding to an emergency situation, which will include conducting a hazard assessment & reporting verbally or in written format and demonstrating safe manual handling
- You will also perform an assessment of airway, breathing and responsiveness, and perform CPR uninterrupted for 2 minutes on both an adult and infant manikin, additionally demonstrating appropriate management of a choking/ vomiting or unconscious casualty.
- You will have followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- You will also have applied first aid for an allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, bleeding, choking, respiratory distress / asthma and shock.