This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to prepare for and provide medication assistance, and complete medication documentation. It also involves supporting a client to self-administer medication.
Course Entry Requirements:
The Training Package for this unit requires a student to be physically able to assist clients with medication.
The full course requires 14 hours of face-to-face training and assessment
Onsite training will be held in Mebourne Metropolitan and rural Victoria.
The student handbook Can be found HERE
Theory Assessment Requirements:
Completing 10 questions detailing the knowledge from the Training Package
Completing 8 written tables detailing the knowledge of medications
Practical Assessment Requirements:
The simulated assessment environments will reflect the real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment. Skills must be demonstrated by the student working individually in an environment that provides realistic in-depth, industry-validated scenarios and simulations to assess students’ skills and knowledge.
To complete the practical skills, you will be assessed on performing medication scenario and task demonstrations for:
- Prepare to assist with medication
- Support client with administration of medication
- Handle medication contingencies
- Clean up, dispose of waste and store medication
- Provide assistance with medication – uncooperative client
- Provide assistance with medication – adverse reaction
- Provide assistance with medication – with clients in the workplace
- Complete an incident report form
- Complete and follow a care plan for medication
There are no prerequisite, entry, work-placement, licensing or certification requirements for this course.
Course Outcome & Renewal:
On successful completion of this nationally recognised training you will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with medication
$650 per person (or $600 per person for booking of 10 or more participants)
We accept VISA and MASTERCARD payments in Australian dollars. Credit Card payments are processes securely by eWay payment gateway.