This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to prepare for and provide medication assistance, and complete medication documentation. It also involves supporting a client to self-administer medication.
Course Entry Requirements:
The Training Package for this unit requires a student to be physically able to assist clients with medication.
The full course requires 14 hours of face-to-face training and assessment
Onsite training will be held in Mebourne Metropolitan and rural Victoria.
The student handbook Can be found HERE
Theory Assessment Requirements:
A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Practical Assessment Requirements:
- Scenario 1 - Provide assistance with medication - Asthma
- Scenario 2 - Provide assistance with medication - Anaphylaxis
- Scenario 3 - Provide assistance with medication - PRN Liquid Paracetamol
- Scenario 4 - Provide assistance with medication - Eye Drops
- Scenario 5 - Provide assistance with medication - Tablets
- Incident Report Forms
- Medication Administration Forms
Participants must be physically able to work effectively with clients, use administration equipment and resources to provide assistance to administer placebo medication to clients and store equipment after use.
Online study options:
- Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- The Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment delivery mode includes video assessment questions. Occasionally the student will be required to make a video of themselves, either verbally explaining or demonstrating the required assessment outcome. If you do not wish to complete video assessment questions, please consider an alternative mode of delivery (for e.g. a blended or full face to face course).
Course Outcome & Renewal:
On successful completion of this nationally recognised training you will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with medication
$650 per person (or $600 per person for booking of 10 or more participants)
We accept VISA and MASTERCARD payments in Australian dollars. Credit Card payments are processes securely by eWay payment gateway.